1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules in your blog
3. Write five random things about yourself
4. Tag random people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged
1. I never knowingly wear matching socks. As far as I am concerned life is too short to match them up. I have been doing it for so long now that I am no longer ashamed. I am not even sure whether the socks I am wearing on any given day are actually mine (I have big feet).
2. I am secretly fascinated by cuckoos. I say ‘secretly’ because I find it very difficult to slip them into a conversation, although have been known to try. Why are they nest parasites? Why are the babies about 7 times bigger than their host parents? How does the baby know to eject all the other eggs from the nest?… If I hear an adult cuckoo (which is becoming increasingly rare) I try to find it. I never do.
3. I rarely cry about things I should but will (properly, chokingly) sob watching certain films. Most recently, The Lives of Others (you must see this film!) and Atonement (you probably already have. He’s really good, yes?).
4. I have 2 special ‘biting nails’. I’ve managed to stop chewing the rest but allow myself a couple. Its a gradual process. I was offered a pound to stop biting at 6. I’m now 33, though if its accrued interest (Aunty?) I’m still game.
5. I love Tony Benn. If I had to name my (British) hero of the late twentieth century…